The Nimble is a Remote Direct Drive extruder. This means, the stepper is split away from the extruder itself. The Nimble is powered via a drive cable that transmits the power of the stepper directly to the gear system inside the Nimble.
It is the smallest lightest extruder available. Measuring only 23.5x39x28.5 and weighing less than 30 grams, it is a very impressive extruder. The drive cable is 95 cm long and this is more than long enough for most printers. On a delta it allows for a print volume of more than 1 meter tall. Delivery is scheduled mid April.
What is in the box? Everything you need, but the stepper.
- 1 Nimble
- 1 Drive cable plus sleeve
- 1 Groove mount adapter
- 1 Coupler for the stepper
- 1 Bracket for the stepper
- 2 Clamps for the sleeve
- All the nuts and bolts needed to mount and use the Nimble on your printer.
Facts and figures
Here are some overall facts and figures.
- WxDxH is 23.5x39x28.5 mm for the unit itself and 40.2 mm tall with the sleeve clamp.
- Weight is less than 28 grams.
- Drive cable is 95 cm long. This can be adjusted if you want a different length.
- Only tools needed: a 2.5 mm and a 1.5 mm allen key or hex key. If you need to use the M3 nuts you also need a 5.5 mm wrench or spanner.
- It will fit any Nema17 stepper, suggested torque rating is: 4kg/cm. We used: Wantai Nema17 Stepper Motor 42BYGHW609P1
- Filament size: 1.75 mm is standard, 3 mm is possible. You can recognise the 3 mm version by the blue breech block.
The Zesty Nimble is available on our site: http://zesty.tech Our improved nimble design is now 15% lighter. With a new breech design that makes filament changeover so simple you can even do it with only one hand! The Zesty Nimble "Remote Direct Drive" extruder for FDM based 3D Printers is the lightest extruder in the world.