The Nimble is a Remote Direct Drive extruder. This means the stepper is split away from the extruder itself. This removes almost all of the weight from the extruder part, making the Nimble weigh less than 27 grams. The Nimble is powered via a drive cable that transmits the power of the stepper directly to the gear system inside the Nimble.
It is the smallest lightest extruder available. Measuring only 23.5x39x28.5 mm, it is a very impressive extruder. The drive cable is 95 cm long and this is more than long enough for most printers. On a delta it allows for a print volume of more than 1 meter tall.
(The AAA battery is not included or required. Only shown for scale.)
The Nimble can be mounted left-handed or right-handed and uses an adapter system. This makes it easy to install and easy to switch to another printer. For details, check out the adapter page.
The custom hob and the breech lever system allows any filament to be printed. From super hard carbon filled filament to X60, the floppiest filament in existence.
The Creality CR-10Pro currently does not support the Nimble. The driver used for the extruder stepper cannot handle the speeds needed for the Nimble. We are developing a solution.
Overall facts and figures.
- WxDxH is 23.5x39x28.5 mm for the unit itself and 40.2 mm tall with the sleeve clamp.
- Weight is less than 28 grams.
- Drive cable is 95 cm long. You can order other sizes if you want a different length.
- Only tools needed: a 2.5 mm and a 1.5 mm Allen key or hex key. If you need to use the M3 nuts you also need a 5.5 mm wrench or spanner.
- It will fit any Nema17 stepper, the suggested torque rating is: 4kg/cm. We used: Wantai Nema17 Stepper Motor 42BYGHW609P1
- Filament size: 1.75 mm is standard, 3 mm is possible. You can recognise the 3 mm version by the blue breech block.
- Any standard hot-end can be used. If it is a Bowden hot-end, remove the bowden connector, it is not needed.
- The SLS printed parts of the Nimble may exhibit mild variations in colour.
What is in the box?
- 1 Nimble, including the breech
- 1 Drive cable plus sleeve
- 1 Groove mount adapter
- 1 Coupler for the stepper
- 1 Bracket for the stepper
- 2 Clamps for the sleeve
- All the nuts and bolts needed to mount and use the Nimble on your printer.
The AAA Battery is not included or required and only shown for scale.